Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nostalgia

Longing to walk barefoot
To crunch the gravel under my feet
To feel the jab of twigs and thorns
And curse them for jabbing

Dreaming of the narrow pathways
Full of stones, dust and leaves
Filled with slush when it rains
And to swear when my skirt is soiled

Thinking of nibbling nameless fruits
Of licking tamarinds
Or munching mangoes with salt
And to curse when the teeth tickles

Looking down from my balcony
I see the endless traffic
Slogging people and dull buildings
And I crash land to reality

2 comments:

Unknown April 8, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Dreaming of the narrow pathways....
Or munching mangoes with salt..

On the way to my village. Reading your post again and again. Nostalgia is some thing I always fail to explain to myself.

Nice........ I mean really nice.. Easter wishes.

Bindhu Unny April 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

നീലാംബരി: Thanks. Hope you had a nice time at home. :-)

Worsatilist

One who writes worse and versatile verses ...

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP